Springs Window Fashions' Safety Commitment
As an industry leader, we believe it is our corporate responsibility to supply retailers, designers and
distributors with a complete line of high-quality, safe window treatments.
We also believe that we owe it to our consumers to do more than adhere to current industry standards.
We are committed to designing innovative, child-safe solutions that exceed applicable standards. Through proactive plan
development, we can better realign our actions to anticipate, identify and eliminate potential safety risks.
In our leadership role, Springs Window Fashions promotes safety awareness through our flagship
brands, Bali® and Graber®. We also support October Safety Month through sponsorship activities.
Important Cord Safety Guidelines
The Window Covering Safety Council urges parents and caregivers to check all windowed areas of the home
for potential window cord hazards and make the necessary safety updates:
- Install only cordless window coverings in young children's bedrooms and sleeping areas. Replace window blinds, corded shades and draperies manufactured before 2001 with today's safer products.
- Repair window blinds, corded shades and draperies manufactured before 2001 with retrofit cord repair devices or replace them with products made to the current safety standards.
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords, preferably to another wall.
- Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords out of children's reach. Make sure that tasseled pull cords are short and continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall. Make sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit movement of inner lift cords.
- Lock cords into position whenever horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, including when they come to rest on a window sill.