Safety is always in style. Go cordless.
Safety is always in style. That's why we recommend cordless blinds and shades for ease and safety; consider adding motorized controls for smart performance. Learn more about motorized controls today! >
Springs Window Fashions'Safety Commitment
As an industry leader, we believe it is our corporate responsibility to supply retailers, designers and distributors with a complete line of high-quality, safe window treatments.
We also believe that we owe it to our consumers to do more than adhere to current industry standards. We are committed to designing innovative, child-safe solutions that exceed applicable standards. Through proactive plan development, we can better realign our actions to anticipate, identify and eliminate potential safety risks.
In our leadership role, Springs Window Fashions promotes safety awareness through our flagship brands, Bali® and Graber®. We also support National Window Covering Safety Month through sponsorship activities.
Important Cord Safety Guidelines
The Window Covering Safety Council urges parents and caregivers to check all windowed areas of the home for potential window cord hazards and make the necessary safety updates:
- Install only cordless window coverings in young children's bedrooms and sleeping areas. Replace window blinds, corded shades and draperies manufactured before 2001 with today's safer products.
- Repair window blinds, corded shades and draperies manufactured before 2001 with retrofit cord repair devices or replace them with products made to the current safety standards.
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords, preferably to another wall.
- Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords out of children's reach. Make sure that tasseled pull cords are short and continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall. Make sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit movement of inner lift cords.
- Lock cords into position whenever horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, including when they come to rest on a window sill.
Keep Your Family Safe
|Bali Window TreatmentsSafety Features||Aluminum Horizontal Blinds||Cellular Shades||Faux Wood Blinds||Natural Shades||Pleated Shades||Roller/Solar Shades||Roman Shades||Vertical Blinds||Wood Blinds|
|Cord CleatsOption available with all window coverings that have lift cords. Cords are anchored to wall, out of reach of children and pets.||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Control WandEliminates the need for cords and chains to traverse vertical blinds.||Natural Drape Only||•|
|Cordless Lift SystemLift cords are eliminated for increased safety and a streamlined appearance||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Cordless Bottom Up/Top DownCombines two popular options into one — shade lowers from top or raises from bottom without exterior cords.||•|
|Continuous-loop Lift SystemCords are kept at a constant length and held taut by a safety hold-down device.||•||•||•||•||•|
|Cord and ChainCords are kept at a constant length and held taut by a safety hold-down device.||•|
|Motorized Lift or TiltMotorized window treatments feature cordless control and are operated remotely with the touch of a button.||Tilt on 2" Only||•||Tilt Only||•||•||•||•||Tilt Only|
|Single Retractable CordPatented Smart Pull operating system lowers the shade smoothly with a simple tug of the cord and raises it up with a few short pulls.||•|
Repair or Replace Pre-2001 Window Treatments
How safe are the window treatments in your home? As of 2001, the entire window coverings industry has improved the safety of blinds and shades by adding these enhancements to all products:
- Tension pulleys and tie-down devices in all continuous-loop pull cords
- Tassel ends on lift cords
- Cord stops on horizontal blind lift cords that prevent user from pulling internal cords through the slats
- For a free retrofit kit, contact the Window Coverings Safety Council at www.windowcoverings.org or 1-800-506-4636.