How to Clean Your Blinds & Shades
Recommended Cleaning Methods (General)
|See Special Cleaning
|Soil Removal & Spot Cleaning||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
* Vinyl vertical vanes only. Fabric vanes may not be immersed in water.
Special Cleaning Instructions (specific to product type)
Cellular & Pleated Shades
Dusting and vacuuming are recommended for monthly maintenance.
- Spot clean with mild soap.
- For deep stains or soil, contact a cleaner from the certified network of ultrasonic cleaners.
For assistance in locating a certified blind cleaner that serves your area, visit blindcleaners.biz or contact Customer Service.
Sheer & Layered Shades
Dust regularly with a feather duster, vacuum with low suction or blow away dust with a hair dryer on a cool setting. Static may occur in dry conditions. If the front and back panels appear to cling together, an anti-static product (such as Static Guard®*) may be used to eliminate the static buildup.
*Static Guard® is a registered trademark of B&G Foods North America, Inc.
Ultrasonic cleaning is also an acceptable cleaning method. Professional blind cleaners use a variety of methods to clean blinds and vary in their capabilities. While Springs Window Fashions knows that many of our window treatments can be safely cleaned using the appropriate ultrasonic or injection/extraction cleaning methods, we cannot guarantee the outcome of any cleaning services provided by an independent company
For painted and stained finishes, dust with a soft cloth. Never use water on wooden blinds.
Vinyl vanes may be removed and immersed in water for cleaning. To eliminate static electricity, coat the vanes with a thin layer of mild detergent.
Fabric vanes should not be immersed in water or dry cleaned.
Sheer Enchantment fabrics are steam-pressed in the manufacturing process, but may need to be re-steamed or ironed at a low temperature before hanging. Do not steam or iron fabric while it is on the vanes as they will be damaged. Do not put fabric in the dryer. Machine-washable fabric is easy to wash, and there's no need to take down the entire blind to do so!
- Unsnap the fabric from the vanes and place in wash.
- Use the gentle cycle, warm water and Woolite® Fine Fabric Wash or other mild laundry detergent. Do not use chlorine bleach.
- Line dry fabric. Do not put fabric in dryer!
- If necessary, steam or iron at a low temperature before putting fabric back on vane.
- Snap fabric back onto the vinyl vanes.