Imagine being able to lift and lower your window shades with just the touch of a button. No getting up from your comfy spot on the couch, no struggling to reach high-up windows, no worrying about the risk of dangling cords around children and pets. Sounds pretty great? Then it might be time to upgrade your window treatments with Motorized Blinds and shades! These smart window shades offer convenience, safety, and style...and they are sure to make your life a little easier. Today we're answering some of the most frequently asked questions about motorized blinds and shades.
How do motorized blinds and shades work?
Motorized blinds and shades (also referred to as smart shades, automatic shades, electric shades, or power shades) can be controlled right from your phone with the tap of a button. For ultimate convenience, you can even set up automatic routines with the Bali Motorization App so your automated window shades are always raised and lowered at the same time each day. You can control just one shade at a time, or every shade in your home...it's an amazingly useful luxury. Motorized blinds and shades can also integrate with voice assistants like Alexa and Google, or be operated with a remote control.
Who are motorized blinds and shades for?
Automatic blinds and shades can be a wise choice for any homeowner who enjoys the convenience of smart home design. In particular, motorized blinds and shades are very helpful if a member of your household has mobility issues, if your home has windows that are hard-to-reach, or if your family includes small children or pets. Because smart blinds and shades are operated without any dangling cords, they are much safer for young kids, giving you great peace of mind.
Which windows are good candidates for motorization?
Any window can be upgraded with a motorized blind or shade. But if we had to choose which windows to motorize first, we'd start with the kids’ rooms (for safety). Then, we'd upgrade any hard-to-reach windows such as tall windows, kitchen windows behind the sink, or great room windows behind the sofa.
Next on our list would be any rooms where smart window shades could provide a convenient solution to a pain point. This could include a home theater or home office, where you want to eliminate unwanted sunlight and glare on screens. Or it could be your bedroom! The ability to control your shades from bed is a delightfully luxurious way to start the morning.
What kind of fabrics can be chosen with motorized blinds and shades?
Motorization is available on ALL Bali shades, which means you aren't limited to a small selection of fabrics and designs. Whether you want a classic Roman shade, an antimicrobial roller shade, or natural shades...you can add motorization to make your home safer and more convenient.
What are the benefits of motorized blinds and shades?
Motorized blinds and shades definitely bring the WOW factor...but beyond style, they also offer some very practical benefits:
- They pair with voice control home automation so you don't have to touch them physically. This not only keeps them free of fingerprints and grime, it's also more sanitary.
- Motorized blinds and shades are inherently cordless, which is much safer for young kids.
- Automatic blinds and shades can boost home security, by making it so your window shades are still being opened and closed while you're on vacation.
- Automatic blinds and shades can also be a game changer for your sleep routine (or your kid's!!). By setting them to raise at a certain time automatically, your shades can serve as a visual indicator of when it's time to get up.
- Motorized blinds and shades make it possible to raise and lower hard to reach windows.
- If you have a large wall of windows with smart shades, they can all be raised with the touch of a button, instead of raising each shade individually.
- They're quieter than ever! Bali motorized blinds and shades are now 30% quieter with their new Z-Wave® motor.
What are the downsides of motorized blinds and shades?
The cost of motorized blinds and shades is probably the biggest downside. Motorized controls are more expensive than if you ordered the same shade with manual cord control. However, the cost of motorized blinds and shades can absolutely be worth it for the convenience, peace of mind, and design-forward elegance that they provide.
If you're considering upgrading your windows with smart shades or remote control shades, you can learn more about Bali’s motorization options here.